Advocate for Texas History
Join us in advocating for more funding for Texas history. It's essential to secure the resources needed to preserve and promote our state's rich heritage. Here's how you can help:
How do I find my representative?
Use the link below to find your representative by putting in your address or county:
Use the link below to contact Governer Abbot about supporting Texas History.
Sample communication to use:
Feel free to copy and paste the text below to get started. Be sure to update all information within brackets "[......]".
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[State Representative's Name]
[State Representative's Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
Dear Representative [Last Name],
I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to you as a constituent and a member of the Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) to express my support for TSHA's mission of preserving and promoting Texas history. I kindly request your response and support in recognizing the significance of TSHA's programs, events, and publication by advocating for their continued funding and resources.
As a Texan, I deeply appreciate TSHA's dedication to fostering appreciation, understanding, and teaching of our state's unique history. Through their research, education, and outreach initiatives, TSHA plays a vital role in preserving our collective heritage and enriching our cultural identity as Texans.
TSHA organizes several impactful programs and publications that deserve recognition and support:
- Southwestern Historical Quarterly (SHQ): SHQ, TSHA's esteemed journal, serves as a platform for scholars to share their research and findings, advancing our knowledge and appreciation of Texas history.
- TSHA Press: As the state's longest-running publisher of books on Texas history, TSHA produces high-quality, award-winning publications, including the bi-annual Texas Almanac, covering a wide range of topics that appeal to all those who cherish Texas's rich heritage.
- TSHA Annual Meeting: Brings together historians, educators, and enthusiasts from diverse backgrounds. Hosted in various cities throughout Texas, this event serves as a hub for the exchange of ideas, fostering collaborations and inspiring innovative research that expands our understanding of Texas history.
- Junior Historian Program: TSHA's Junior Historian Program engages young students in the study and preservation of Texas history, empowering them to explore their heritage, develop research skills, and contribute to community projects.
- Texas History Day: TSHA's Texas History Day is a statewide competition where students showcase their research projects on different aspects of Texas history, promoting historical inquiry, critical thinking, and presentation skills among our youth.
- Texas Talks: TSHA's Texas Talks series features captivating lectures and discussions by renowned historians, providing educational opportunities for the public to gain deeper insights into our state's past.
These programs and events nurture historical literacy, preserve our cultural heritage, and foster civic engagement. Supporting TSHA and its initiatives ensures the continued dissemination of Texas history to a wide audience.
I kindly request your response and advocacy for increased funding and resources for TSHA. By doing so, we can ensure the continuation of their essential work in preserving and promoting Texas history. Your support will have a profound impact on our communities and future generations.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. I appreciate your dedication to serving our community and preserving our state's unique history. If you require any additional information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you once again for your time and consideration.